10 Things Everyone Does When They’re Broke
Almost everyone has experienced being short of cash at some point or the other, and will surely recognize these relatable aspects that come with being broke!
1. Living off of instant noodles
When you don’t have much money, the easiest, most affordable food is instant noodles. It gets boring to eat every day, but at least it doesn’t cost much!
2. Being cautious about eating with friends
Eating out with friends is fun—as long as you’re not paying. Any broke person is well acquainted with the careful thought that takes place before going out to a restaurant with someone.
3. Owning a phone that’s old
You have to watch your friends splurging on shiny new iPhones while you continue to use your cracked and outdated mobile phone because you can’t afford a new one.
4. That amazing feeling of having food bought for you
When someone, be it a friend, family member or a date, says, “Let me buy you a meal”, they have your heart forever.
5. The extreme relief you feel when you get paid
No matter how low your salary is, payday is always something you look forward to because any money is better than no money at all.
6. The bliss of finding money in clothes you hadn’t worn in a while
Even unexpectedly finding just a few pennies in your pockets makes you want to shout “Hallelujah!” at the top of your lungs and celebrate.
7. Needing to work up the nerve to look at your bank balance
It’s always scary to check how much (or how little, rather) you have left in your bank account.
8. Regretting buying even necessary items
When you’re broke, you start begrudging yourself even your basic needs. “Why did I spend money on that toothpaste?”
9. But spending way too much on unnecessary stuff
You find it easy to limit purchases of necessities, but will splurge on a whim on stuff you don’t need—and regret it later.
10. Having tiny meals the week before payday
Right before payday is when money is really sparse, and you eat ridiculously small meals while awaiting your salary.